You deserve to know what will happen if you make this choice.
The various abortion procedures are listed below.
Which one is chosen will depend on the gestational age of the unborn child.
They will give you a sonogram to determine this. You will pay for the sonogram.
Please note: Pregnancy Centers offer free sonograms. Our Angels can refer you.
The link below gives you detailed information on the developmental stages of the baby (pp. 7-16)
and the kind of abortions performed at each fetal age (pp.17-27).
Information empowers you.
What you don’t know can hurt you.
You deserve to know.
What are the Risks?
Abortion affects your body, mind and spirit in many ways.
These after-effects can be immediate or may not show up for many years.
Every person is different.
Know Your Rights!
- Your doctor is required to tell you about the physical and emotional risks of the abortion procedure as well as childbirth.
- Your doctor must tell you how far along you are in the pregnancy. You are allowed to ask questions and to discuss this decision privately.
- An ultrasound is used to determine the gestational age of the unborn child. You have a right to view the ultrasound at no additional expense. You have a right to receive an ultrasound picture of the child.
- It is unlawful for any person to coerce you into an abortion. Coercion can take the form of implied or direct threats of intimidation or violence. Call 911 if you are in immediate danger.
- Any doctor who fails to provide you with “informed consent” (details about the procedure and its risks) prior to the abortion is guilty of unprofessional conduct and may be liable for damages.
- You are not required to pay for any portion of the abortion until the 24hr. waiting period has expired. You do not have to give a down payment prior to this waiting period.
- The father of your child is legally responsible to assist in the support of the child, even if he has offered to pay for the abortion.
- Adoptive parents are permitted to pay the costs of prenatal care, childbirth and neonatal care if you choose this option.
If you feel that any of these rights are being violated, talk to a trusted person or someone in authority.